It’s not known for sure where the club sandwich was invented or where did it get it’s name, but one thing we do know, it’s very popular, and we all can see why. With it’s crispy bacon and tender chicken add juicy tomato slices and creamy mayonnaise and you have the makings of a pretty delicious combination. But here instead of making it on bread we are going to wrap it in lettuce leafs.
Now there is no rule as to what type of lettuce you should use for wrapping, really you can use which ever you prefer. Now Iceberg is the favorite but you can also use butter lettuce or romaine lettuce, it’s really up to you. Also you can try to make them smaller instead of making them too big that they might tear. A good tip is to use two or three leafs or each wrap in the event one of the leafs breaks then it won’t be such a big deal.
Chicken Club Wrap Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless Free Range, Cage Free breasts;
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 medium tomato, sliced;
- 1 avocado, chopped;
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled;
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise;
- 8 large lettuce leaves;
- ½ tsp. paprika;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat a grill or skillet to a medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with paprika, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill the chicken (or cook on the skillet with some ghee) on both sides until no longer pink, and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Το assemble the wraps, top 3 lettuce leaves with mayonnaise, chicken, bacon, avocado, and tomato.
- Roll the lettuce leaves up like a burrito. Cut in half to serve.
Well folks, this is my recipe for today. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you have any questions or would like to see a certain recipe please feel free to leave a comment below and I will reply as soon as possible.